This apprenticeship programme is designed for new entrants to roles in which they will be working with IT systems and software.
The framework offers a wide range of optional units that the Apprentice can study to match their particular organisational and job role requirements.
Available at Levels 2 and 3, the framework is suitable for those whose main job role is to use IT applications in support of colleagues or customers in any sector or industry.
This can include:
• Providing support and assistance to colleagues to make effective use
of available IT systems and software
• Developing, testing and implementing solutions to improve workplace productivity through the use of IT
• Using the advanced features of IT Application Software in the creation and amendment of many types of formatted information including documents, diagrams, spread sheets and presentations
• Maintaining simple websites, using the internet to find and exchange information and using social media to disseminate information.
• Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Diploma in IT User Skills: Minimum of 38 credits –
26 Competence + 12 Knowledge
• Functional Maths Level: 1/Key Skills Application of Number Level 1
• Functional English Level1/Key Skills Literacy Level 1
• Functional ICT Level 2/Key Skills ICT level 2 (15 credits)
These qualifications are designed to enhance learner’s work and life skills in a range of vocational contexts. They are appropriate for a diverse range of learners including:
• Adults returning to study
• Those seeking to develop greater independence
• Those who have not yet achieved accredited qualifications
• Those with specific learning needs
• IT Clerk
• Digital Assistant
• Website Technician
• Data Administrator
Edexcel BTEC Level 2Certificate/Extended Certificate/Diploma in IT
Edexcel BTEC Level 2Award/Certificate/Diploma for IT Users (ITQ)
Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles