Level 1 Certificate in Business Administration is for learners who work in, or who want to work in a supporting role in business administration.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
● Develop and demonstrate the wider knowledge and understanding of the fundamental standards, attitudes and principles of working in a business administrative environment.
● Develop and demonstrate the skills for carrying out routine administrative tasks, for example communicating verbally and in writing, producing business documents, using telephone and mail systems, storing and retrieving information, and using office equipment
● Achieve a nationally recognised Level 1 qualification
Level 1 Certificate in Business Administration is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as:
• Trainee Administrator,
• Office Junior
• Office AssistantEntry requirements
No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required before learners register for this qualification.
The learner will need to meet the requirements outlined in the table below before the qualification can be awarded.
Minimum number of credits that must be achieved 25
Number of mandatory credits that must be achieved 17
Number of optional credits that must be achieved 8
Duration of the course: Guided learning hours 150-187
Learners who achieve Level 1 Certificate in Business Administration can progress onto level 2 qualifications in business administration. These qualifications are designed for learners to demonstrate a broad set of skills when carrying out business administrative tasks, and to develop learners’ understanding of the principles that underpin working in a business administrative environment including specialist and sector related knowledge.
● Level 2 Award in Principles of Business Administration
● Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration
● Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration , which is the competence component of the Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration
Alternatively, learners can progress to a wide range of qualifications that involve elements of carrying out administrative functions within different sectors, or into employment in the business administration sector.