Level 2 Diploma in Care
Level 2 Diploma in Care
Course Full Name: NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma in Care
Guided Learning Hours: 307
Total Qualification Time: 460
Mode of Study: Part-time
This qualification covers a range of key subject areas in health and social care. It includes a bank of optional units, allowing learners to pursue an interest in chosen subject areas. This qualification also aligns with the Apprenticeship Standard for Adult Care Worker. Learners must achieve a minimum of 46 credits to gain this qualification. Learners must earn 24 credits from the mandatory units and a minimum of 22 credits from the optional units. The mandatory units are:
• Unit 01 Communication in care settings
• Unit 02 Handle information in care settings
• Unit 03 Personal development in care settings
• Unit 04 Implement person-centred approaches in care settings
• Unit 05 Equality and inclusion in care settings
• Unit 06 Health, safety and well-being in care settings
• Unit 07 Responsibilities of a care worker
• Unit 08 Duty of care
• Unit 09 Safeguarding and protection in care settings
There are no specific entry requirements but, the learner must have at least Entry Level 3 in English.
All units are internally assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a portfolio of evidence. Learners can usually complete the qualification within 12 months as standalone or within 18-24 months if taken as part of an apprenticeship standard. Learners will need to be working/volunteering or on practical placement to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
• Care support workers in adult residential settings.
• Healthcare assistants in community, primary care and acute health environments.
• Care support workers in domiciliary services supported living or day services.
• Community-based support workers.
“The lecturers were very supportive. Any topic we had problems with was thoroughly explained to us and they made sure that we understood it. Their encouragement helped us to achieve our goals. The classes really fits in with my career. This course really helped me to advance in my career.” – MARILYN MAHOI
“The experience at Abis Resources was amazing and I loved the way the staff treated me during my training.” – ALEXANDRA COSTEA
“I really enjoyed my experience at Abis and it will be happily remembered. I will recommend all my associates because I had a great experience.
Thank you Abis.” – RUMANA BEGUM
“Abis was a great experience. I was able to learn the theory aspect of my work in a comfortable, clean and safe environment. The tutor and the staff were fantastic and really helped me and made learning easier.” – AVA MARIA ALVES PEREIRIA