Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading
Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading
Course Full Name: NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading
Qualification Number: 601/3967/5
Guided Learning Hours: 201
Total Qualification Time: 400
Minimum Entry Age: 16
Fees: Details to be announced
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above. This is a cross-sector qualification aimed at current and prospective team leaders. This qualification covers the skills and knowledge needed to be a successful team leader, covering competencies applicable to a wide range of contexts.
• Unit 01 Manage Personal Performance and Development
• Unit 02 Communicate Work-Related Information
• Unit 03 Lead and Manage a Team
• Unit 04 Principles of Team Leading
• Unit 05 Understand Business
• Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
• Principles of Equality and Diversity in the Workplace
• Promote Equality, Diversity in the Workplace
• Manage Team Performance
• Manage Individuals Performance
• Chair and Lead Meetings
• Manage Conflict within a Team
• Procure Products and/or Services
• Collaborate with Other Departments
• Participate in a Project
• Encourage Innovation
• Contribute to meetings in a Business Environment
• Health and Safety Procedures in the Workplace
• Store and Retrieve Information
• Handle Mail
• Employee Rights and Responsibilities
• Deliver Customer Service
• Understand Customers
• Resolve Customer Service Problems
• Negotiate in a Business Environment
• Develop a Presentation
• Deliver a Presentation
• Resolve Customers’ Complaints
There are no specific requirements.
Students will still need to prepare a portfolio of evidence. We encourage centres to review our guidance on the types of evidence and evidence capture that we permit including, video, photos and other digital means of demonstrating knowledge and skills.
Some optional qualification content has been removed where it does not detract from the purpose of the qualification.
Students are still required to complete the work placement, but the focus should be on learning outcomes and evidencing competence. We have removed the requirement for students to complete a minimum number of placement hours. Students should still record their hours.
The adaptation addendum document contains further information on how learning outcome/evidence of competence needs to be met either within the workplace or via alternative assessment methods.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Management
• Level 3 Diploma in Management
• Level 3 Diploma in Management Skills and Knowledge
“The lecturers were very supportive. Any topic we had problems with was thoroughly explained to us and they made sure that we understood it. Their encouragement helped us to achieve our goals. The classes really fits in with my career. This course really helped me to advance in my career.” – MARILYN MAHOI
“The experience at Abis Resources was amazing and I loved the way the staff treated me during my training.” – ALEXANDRA COSTEA
“I really enjoyed my experience at Abis and it will be happily remembered. I will recommend all my associates because I had a great experience.
Thank you Abis.” – RUMANA BEGUM
“Abis was a great experience. I was able to learn the theory aspect of my work in a comfortable, clean and safe environment. The tutor and the staff were fantastic and really helped me and made learning easier.” – AVA MARIA ALVES PEREIRIA